Live Stack Control issues

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
john_robertson1953

Live Stack Control issues

Post by john_robertson1953 »

Hi Robin,

Recently, I’ve had some remote network connection issues that forced me to reset my PC and I had to reinstall the latest release of sharpcap from scratch.

There appears to be additional controls regarding saving raw frames that I hadn’t paid attention to. I initially selected save all, and it appears it included all including dithered frames? So I should select save, except one paused/dithering? Also, under Capture Format and Area, Output Format, I selected fits files, yet the individual frames were being saved as.PNG files. I even checked the saved Text Document and it documents output format = fits files.

Please get me squared away.

Thanks much,

John
john_robertson1953

Re: Live Stack Control issues

Hi Robin,

Ive revised to Save except dither and it appears to save only proper image frames.

Its still saving individual frames as >PNG files, also showing no exposure time, .00s.

See attached.

Please advise what to do,

John
Attachments
IMG_2023-08-11-085628.jpg
IMG_2023-08-11-085628.jpg (360.85 KiB) Viewed 540 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Go to File->SharpCap Settings, choose the 'Saving Settings' tab and set the 'Preferred still format' to FITS. That tells SharpCap what to use to save images when there is no explicit option to set the file format - like saving RAW files.

cheers,

Robin
john_robertson1953

Thank you.
CIZIRF

Post by CIZIRF »

Hi Robin,
When using livestacking wirh an OSC, is there any mean to save true 1 channel RAW FITS (not debayered) ?
It looks to me that whatever option is selected you get debayered raw files, which are not suitable for further processing (I.E, Calibration, or Ha, OIII extraction when using a dualband filter)
Am I wrong ?
Patrick
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Patrick,

I hope you are wrong - the raw frames saved while live stacking should be the un-debayered data straight off the camera. I have a feeling that there was an update to 4.0 some time back (maybe 12 to 18 months) that failed to do this due to a bug, but hopefully now putting out the right data again.

Note that depending on your 'preferred still format' options in the settings window, they may be saved as PNG, but they will still be un-debayered data.

cheers,

Robin
CIZIRF

Post by CIZIRF »

Thank you Robin,
OK, I'll look at it again with latest version...