SC stopped remembering location

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
woldsweather

Re: SC stopped remembering location

Post by woldsweather »

I have uninstalled and reinstalled EQASCOM but can now find no way of getting into EQMOD to input my parameter so that SharpCap can connect to EQMOD
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

EQMOD should appear in the dropdown list of mount control options in the SharpCap settings, as shown below
Screenshot 2023-08-16 134422.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-16 134422.jpg (111.2 KiB) Viewed 549 times
As you can see here, for me it is near the bottom of the list, but the order may vary.

If you are not seeing it, but are seeing other entries like 'Device Hub Telescope' then EQASCOM has not installed correctly - try reinstalling.
If you are not seeing *anything* in that list except 'On Camera ST4' then SharpCap is not detecting the ASCOM platform and you could try installing the latest version of that.

cheers,

Robin
woldsweather

Post by woldsweather »

I discovered the solution was not to click the large green DOWNLOOAD button on that link but the one at the top of the list and now I have the toolbox. Yet to see if the parameters are being saved.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, unfortunately EQMOD is downloaded from 'SourceForge' and they like to put all sorts of crap behind big colourful 'Download' links. Rule of thumb... the bigger the download button/link is, the less likely you want it!

cheers,

Robin
woldsweather

Post by woldsweather »

I uninstalled EQUASCOM and reinstalled but still have to reinput latt lat long baud rate etc etc in order to connect to the mount.

Would be grateful fort any suggestions.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I take it you are referring to entering the settings into this screen
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (26.26 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Every time I have used it, pressing 'OK' after making any adjustments saves them automatically. If that is not working for you then you could try checking the EQMOD documentation (https://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/) and seeing if any similar issues have been reported on the EQMOD mailing list (https://groups.io/g/EQMOD)

cheers,

Robin