SharpCap 4.1 - Nearly ready for release

Official SharpCap and Forum announcements
admin
Site Admin

SharpCap 4.1 - Nearly ready for release

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

if you have been keeping an eye on the progress of SharpCap 4.1 beta, you might have noticed that yesterday I uploaded a new version which I called a 'release candidate' instead of a beta. That means that we are nearly there... We've reached the stage where we are not really picking up many new bugs in the beta versions each week - most of the common ones have been fixed and a lot of the remaining bug reports that are uploaded are coming down to camera hardware glitches (disconnection, bad data, etc).

The release candidate version does not have a built in time limit like the beta versions did, and while it might not be perfect yet, I'd like to encourage people to try it out and see if it works correctly - wider use helps flush out any remaining issues that might have been missed during the beta period.

There will probably be a couple more release candidate updates over the next week or two as more bug reports come in and I add fixes and also I am making small tweaks to improve usability at this stage (better experience on first install on a PC that has never had SharpCap on before, etc).

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap 4.1 - Nearly ready for release

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

I have now created a new download page for SharpCap 4.1, which is now here : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/downloads-4-1

Also there is a page that gives an overview of the new features here : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/news/whats-n ... arpcap-4-1

If anyone spots any errors in the "what's new" page then please let me know. When you re-read stuff you've written yourself, it's very hard to spot errors because you know what you *meant to write* - even if it isn't what you did write... I'm also aware that the "what's new" page is really too long and I will break it up at some point into more bitesize chunks.

This is part of a soft release process - I will be encouraging forum readers and Facebook followers to try out 4.1 for a bit before I move the main 'download' page to point to 4.1

cheers,

Robin