SharpCap 4.1.10910 64 bit crashing on Discord screen share

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
DogWatch

Re: SharpCap 4.1.10910 64 bit crashing on screen share

Post by DogWatch »

Robin-

So, here is what I have...
Discord's Canary alpha release that has the expansive debug logs had a bug that wouldn't let it upload debug logs (you really can't make this stuff up) so I emailed them the logs. I heard back today and they have determined that their "hook" has a problem ( :roll: ) and so they escalated the ticket to their devs. This was their reply:

Please note that our support team does not have an exact ETA for when a solution will be available, and we won't be able to offer an update or provide the progress and status for this specific bug.

The lack of an exact ETA is completely understandable. The inability to send an update when they eventually close the ticket is a little irksome. I guess I'm just suppose to try again after every update... oh well, my impression of Discord has not improved and it still seems very much like a gamer chat zone, not a serious piece of software. In the mean time, I will just keep their "Advanced technology..." toggle set to off and encourage our club to look for a more robust way to screen share SharpCap.

Many thanks for your help,

Chuck
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Chuck,

well, I guess that's progress of a sort as it sounds like they are going to at least work on it at some point. Hopefully they will get there in the end :)

This thread will be useful for others if they encounter the same problem, particularly as there is an easy workaround.

clear skies!

Robin
DogWatch

Post by DogWatch »

Robin-

I agree about the thread being possibly useful to others…
Are you able to edit the topic line to add “(Discord)” or some other identifier to make the topic easier to find in a search as it is a very specific issue?

If I ever notice that they have fixed their problem, I will post that information here. Until then, I hope the release goes off without a hitch!

Chuck
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap 4.1.10910 64 bit crashing on Discord screen share

Post by admin »

Yep, the trick for the thread title is to edit it on the first post (which I've just done). That changes it in the main forum view and for new posts in the thread like this one. Maybe there's a way to change *all* the post titles, but I don't know how :)

cheers,

Robin