4.1.10931 RC2 Strange Behavior

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
MarMax

4.1.10931 RC2 Strange Behavior

Post by MarMax »

I've noticed this with the RC1 release as well but it happened again last night with RC2. Windows 10 Beelink MiniPC running via WRD with a Windows 10 Laptop. MiniPC is running SharpCap, PHD2, Stellarium and GeminiTelescope.net (L5 not L6). This happened twice with RC1 and once with RC2.

SharpCap presents the "needs to shutdown" dialong box and then when I click "send error report" I get the attached message, and when I click the OK on the message it disappears and SharpCap is still running.

If you would like the log file let me know and I'll get it off the Mini-PC.
Attachments
SC_Quit_Error_08022023.jpg
SC_Quit_Error_08022023.jpg (202.92 KiB) Viewed 452 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: 4.1.10931 RC2 Strange Behavior

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, the log would be very helpful - it looks like it has hit an error while trying to pack up the info about the original error into an error report.

Can you also please try pressing

CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+C

in that version of SharpCap. Pressing those keys is a shortcut way to test the bug reporting (it deliberately creates a bug report). Please try to send the bug report and see if it works or produces the same error. If it works then there is something odd about your initial error that is causing the bug reporting issue. If you get the same error from the test bug report then it is either a global bug (don't think so - not happening for me) or something odd about your system causing it.

cheers,

Robin
MarMax

Post by MarMax »

I'll try forcing the error log at the end of my session tonight. I'm attaching the log from the 8/2/23 session.

Oops, it's larger than 1Mb so please let me know how to get it to you.

EDITED to say the forced error log seemed to work fine.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

either you can zip the log into a zip file and upload that, or you can email the log to me - there's a 'contact us' link at the bottom of the forum page that will work.

cheers,

Robin
MarMax

Post by MarMax »

My apology for the long delay. The zipped log file is attached.
Attachments
SC_Log_08022023.ZIP
(207.44 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the log. It's quite odd - there was an error at 21:32:52 that should have triggered the bug reporting (in fact it looks like the processing started) but then the log continues for another 3 hours of what looks like normal usage with no more mention of the bug report. The seems to end with you closing the camera.

The initial error happens when SharpCap has just disconnected from PHD2, so may be related to that, but the information is fairly limited. Unfortunately there's not much to explain why the error message for the bug reporting came up.

I think I can see a possible cause for the initial error, so I will try to fix that and see how it goes.

cheers,

Robin