Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
stbkaiser

Tracking window disappears

Post by stbkaiser »

Hi Robin
Running SC v 4.1.10910 64 bit
Using 2 monitors
Doing Solar imaging
If I enable feature tracking and pull it over to the 2nd monitor.
Then if I click on the LIVE image on 2nd screen, the FEATURE TRACKING window disappears .
I believe it is hidden behind the image screen on the second screen.
The only way I can make FEATURE TRACKING window visible is to disable 2 monitor view.
Then the Live image on 2nd monitor goes away and the FEATURE TRACKING window is visible on the 2nd monitor.
If I don't move the FEATURE TRACKING window on the 2nd monitor and Reenable 2nd monitor, the FEATURE TRACKING window is hidden behind the live video window.
At this point, To SEE the the FEATURE TRACKING window on the 2nd monitor , I have to move it to the main monitor then enable 2nd mon, then move the FEATURE TRACKING window back to 2nd mon.

Can you fix it so the the FEATURE TRACKING window stays on top for 2nd monitor.
Thanks
Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: Tracking window disappears

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,

that might be interesting - I will have to investigate. The reason it keeps in the foreground over the normal main SharpCap window is that the normal main SharpCap window is set as the parent window of the feature tracking window. Unlike humans, windows can only have one parent, so I can't make both the main and the second monitor windows the parent of the feature tracking window. On the other hand, you can change the parent of windows, which might let me do something....

cheers,

Robin
stbkaiser

Re: Tracking window disappears

Post by stbkaiser »

I understand.
Its not a big problem, just thought you might want to know.
I found as long as I keep a small slice of the Feature Tracking window visible in the main window, I can tap on it to bring it forward on the 2nd window.
If you figure out a easy fix , great , otherwise don't worry about it.
take care
Steve