Problems With Pegasus Unity interaction with Sharpcap

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
john_robertson1953

Problems With Pegasus Unity interaction with Sharpcap

Post by john_robertson1953 »

I use SharpCap as my capture software. After installing Unity and opening Sharpcap. I get an error message saying "An error occurred while trying to connect to your PegasusAstro PPMicro switch device." Details- error code 0x80040407. Ive uninstalled & reinstalled Unity to no avail I have the latest ASCOM 6.6 drivers installed as Ive been using CPWI, Sharpcap, & PHD2 for over a year without any issues. Can you help me correct this? Thank you very much.

John
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems With Pegasus Unity interaction with Sharpcap

Post by admin »

Hi John,

one thing I've had with the Pegasus kit is that sometimes it will not connect and you have to use the 'Setup' or 'Properties' button to bring up the configuration of the Pegasus ASCOM driver. That lets you 'choose' which hardware you want to use (even if there is only one option). Then, once you have done that, it will connect.

Can't remember for sure if it is the same error code as you are seeing, but I have had to do the above both on first installation of Unity and also once or twice after upgrades or for no apparent reason at all.

cheers,

Robin
Al Loan

Re: Problems With Pegasus Unity interaction with Sharpcap

Post by Al Loan »

Spot on,

Every time I upload the latest version of Unity I need to go into my SharpCap settings, select the hardware for each piece of Pegasus equipment and then click on the Pegasus hardware image. It's a fairly quick process, my experience is that I need to close SharpCap and then restart.

Presto, the devices connect and are displayed in the Camera Control Panel.