QHY 174 GPS - Cal LED on with every preset loading

wunni

QHY 174 GPS - Cal LED on with every preset loading

Post by wunni »

Hello!

QHY 174 GPS - Since several SC versions I have a small but annoying problem:
(Almost?) every time after loading a preset the calibration LED is on. (visible stray light in the picture)
I have to switch the LED on and off manually in SC.
OS is Win10 pro. SC is always the current non-beta version (pro).
(I certainly didn't save all profiles with Cal LED = On, and even if I did...).
Any clues...? ;-)

Best regards,
Niko
Jean-Francois

Re: QHY 174 GPS - Cal LED on with every preset loading

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello Niko,

I can not help with the loading of preset(s) ... I until today not really use it.
I can confirm that I see sometimes the LED on after a change on the gain or the USB traffic with the SharpCap 4.1 "beta"-line.

For example this morning (= last night evening), I saw it one time with the version 4.1.10885.
The LED is "on" but the setting in SharpCap shows "off" ... the only way is to set the LED "on" and "off" manually.

If you have the Pro version ... try this short script. It shall be loaded in the Settings "Startup Scripts" list before use (and restart SharpCap).

Code: Select all

# *******************************************************************************************

def LED_Shut_Off():
    SharpCap.SelectedCamera.Controls.FindByName("GPS Calibration LED").Value = "On"
    SharpCap.SelectedCamera.Controls.FindByName("GPS Calibration LED").Value = "Off"
    print("LED Shutt-Off")

SharpCap.AddCustomButton(" LED__Shut-Off  |", None, "Switch-Off the LED", LED_Shut_Off)

# *******************************************************************************************

Regards,
Jean-Francois
wunni

Re: QHY 174 GPS - Cal LED on with every preset loading

Post by wunni »

Hello Jean-Francois,
thank you for posting the script. I'll try it and will report here.

Best regards,
Niko