Synscan app driver not on mount hardware list.

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
RustyScopes

Synscan app driver not on mount hardware list.

Post by RustyScopes »

This may or may not be a bug for sharpcap 4.1 beta. I have no problem on the old laptop connecting the driver to synscan. But, I've changed to another more powerful laptop and downloaded SC 4.1 along with ASCOM driver for synscan app Version 1.3.1 but cannot get the driver to show up in the mount hardware list. Sharpcap with the camera and other functions works just fine, just cannot connect it to synscan and therefore the mount.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Synscan app driver not on mount hardware list.

Post by admin »

Hi,

if nothing is showing up in the mount hardware list (or just the 'on camera ST4' option) then I would suggest that you should check that your ASCOM platform is up to date on the second computer. If it's not, update to the latest and try again.

If you are seeing other ASCOM stuff but not the Synscan then I would try an uninstall and reinstall of the Synscan driver as it is possible for the registration info to become damaged. It's also worth checking that you have the same flavour of SharpCap (ie 32 or 64 bit) in both cases, since sometimes there is a 32 bit but no 64 bit version of an ASCOM driver.

cheers,

Robin
RustyScopes

Post by RustyScopes »

Thanks Robin, I checked all the drivers, 64bit, redownloaded but didn't work. Just grabbing at straws, and from previous hiccup fixes, I did a windows update and sure enough...the synscan app driver appeared in the toolbox.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

well that wasn't something I would have expected to fix it, but glad to hear that it did!

cheers,

Robin