Changing File Names in Live Stack(Raw Frames)

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
john_robertson1953

Changing File Names in Live Stack(Raw Frames)

Post by john_robertson1953 »

Hi,

Re Live Stack: I’d like to eliminate the sub folder being created for each sequence. My objective is to have one sub folder for each target to include multiple sequences.

Firstly, I uncheck Sequences “Create sub folder for each sequence”. Secondly, I check Filename Templates “Edit Filename…”, then add {DateTime} to all 3 filename templates, click apply, ok. I now should have unique file names for multiple sequences.

I notice upon reopening, Edit Filename Templates Manually is still checked. If I uncheck it, the added {DateTime} are deleted. Do I just leave it checked?

Thanks for update,

John
admin
Site Admin

Re: Changing File Names in Live Stack(Raw Frames)

Post by admin »

Hi John,

yes, you have to leave the 'Manual' checkbox ticked, which means that SharpCap will use the manual templates that you have edited. If you untick it again, SharpCap will go back to the patterns described by the various options and check boxes in the top part of the settings page.

If you try to make it so that all the files from multiple stacks end up in the same folder then you have to be careful to avoid the possibility of them overwriting each other. Make sure you have an up-to-date version of SharpCap 4.0, since there were updates relatively recently to help warn you when the settings you have picked might lead to overwriting.

cheers,

Robin