Teledyne Camera E7

SimonTelescopes

Teledyne Camera E7

Post by SimonTelescopes »

Hey Robin,
Any chance that you can consider getting a Teledyne Camera to work with SC?
I can give you contacts with people at Teledyne.

Much appreciated!

Simon
Telescopes.net
admin
Site Admin

Re: Teledyne Camera E7

Post by admin »

Hi Simon,

my normal expectations for getting a new brand of cameras to be supported include the following requirements

1) A reasonable SDK available for the camera that I can use (almost certainly OK for major suppliers)
2) A willingness to provide me with sample cameras on 'permanent loan' to develop and test with as well as to use for future maintenance of the code if issues arise. Usually I find it best to have one mono and one colour camera of different types and if cooled cameras are available one cooled and one uncooled. This gives me a good sample to work with and helps avoid situations where I get things working perfectly with model X123, but nothing works with a Y456.
3) A good prospect that the cameras will be fairly well used by the sort of people who use SharpCap - ie amateur astronomers, particularly those getting started in the hobby. This can be a tough one and I have had contact with some industrial camera vendors in the past where we have agreed that there was little likelihood of this happening, so we parted ways without adding support.

Anyway, those are the sort of baseline conditions - if you think you might have a proposal that fulfills those then please feel free to get in touch via email - the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page will get to me.

cheers,

Robin