Problem with Uranus C pro

CIZIRF

Problem with Uranus C pro

Post by CIZIRF »

Just received the Uranus C pro, downloaded latest 64 bit version fo sharpcap.
I just plugged the cam in the USB3 port of my PC, but Sharpcap does not recognize the camera...
Anything I should do ?
Menno555

Re: Problem with Uranus C pro

Post by Menno555 »

Hello and welcome

Did you install the Camera Driver and ASCOM software for it?
Also, when on Windows 11 make sure the Privacy settings are set to allow camera's.

Menno
CIZIRF

Post by CIZIRF »

Thank yiou, I got it working !
The pbm came from the fact that I connected the cam to the PC before installing the driver... Then installing the driver would not change anything, even reinstalling sharpcap. Removed everything i started again... now it works fine.
Think Player One should put a paper in the box, to advise that the camera should not be connected before the driver is installed. I was guessing that the driver would be automaticaly installed on device connection (like most USB devices are working today !) but I was wrong !

Btw it was working with the Ascom driver, but the Ascom driver is really bad (i.e no access to colour balance, and no access to RAW8 - only raw16 supported)
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Good to hear you got it working.
When it comes to drivers for whatever hardware, I always follow the rule of thumb "First the drivers, then the hardware ... unless otherwise stated" :)

Menno
CIZIRF

Post by CIZIRF »

Yes noted... but we are so used to devices that automaticaly install the driver when first connected, that we tend to forget about this... You need a driver to get a device working ;-)