Locking livestack window

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Gfischer

Locking livestack window

Post by Gfischer »

When live stacking I use the stacking window at bottom of screen and set auto hide. Then when not using the stacking window it disappears and the object being viewed gets majority of frame. Problem is when using stacking window I some time accidentally move or otherwise disturb frame. Can the frame be locked to prevent this?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Locking livestack window

Post by admin »

Hi,

no, there isn't a way to lock the position of the window, since it is really designed to be adjustable.

If you have accidentally changed the height then you can just drag it back.
If you accidentally change the state (ie you undock it by mistake) then right-click on the title of the Live Stack area and choose 'dock' to put it back in its default position.

cheers,

Robin
Gfischer

Post by Gfischer »

Thanks for the reply. Would it be possible to code a lock button in the corner of the frame to lock and unlock it?
George
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi George,

in theoery, yes. Since I am unsure about how many people would find this useful, I will move this thread to the 'Feature Suggestions' forum and we can see if anyone else posts to support the idea.

thanks,

Robin
Gfischer

Post by Gfischer »

Thanks Robin
I really appreciate your program. I’m getting older with not the greatest eyesight. On top of that I use my 12” dob on an equatorial platform in bortle 7-8 skies. Without eaa everything is a faint blob or invisible. With your program I can enjoy dso,s even with my limitations.
George
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi George,

glad that you enjoy using SharpCap :)

If you are moving your dob manually to targets then you might like to look at the new 'Push To Assistant' feature in SharpCap 4.1. It uses plate solving (via a program like Astap or Astrotortilla) to measure how far you are from your target and guide you on which direction to move the telescope. More info here : viewtopic.php?p=35967#p35967 (and in the thread following that point).

cheers,

Robin
Gfischer

Post by Gfischer »

Installed newest beta version , as tap, d50 data base. Plate solving test looks good. I currently use manual circles on my dob hopefully that will the push to work eaisier. Unfortunately it’s cloudy now. I’ll let you know how it goes. I tried to attach a pick of the supernova I took with your software.
George
Attachments
9BCB2FE9-0632-4467-915B-6C4AD193E5F4.jpeg
9BCB2FE9-0632-4467-915B-6C4AD193E5F4.jpeg (103.56 KiB) Viewed 515 times