Control Slew with Arrow Keys

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
tentaclejoe

Control Slew with Arrow Keys

Post by tentaclejoe »

It would be nice if it was possible to configure the arrow keys for slew control.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Control Slew with Arrow Keys

Post by admin »

Hi,

actually the shortcuts to control the mount using the keyboard are the direction keys on the numeric keypad (with CTRL held down) - thats' because the arrow keys are used (in theory) to move about the user interface if you are not working using a mouse. There are also a set of alternate keys to use if your keyboard doesn't have a numeric keypad.

https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Keyboard%20Shortcuts

cheers,

Robin
tentaclejoe

Post by tentaclejoe »

That doesn't work for me. It might be because I am remoting into a Windows computer from a Mac. That's a bummer. Thanks for the heads up. I'll see what I can do to remedy my problem!

Joey
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Joey,

that's weird - I can understand that the number pad keys might get mangled by the mac/remote desktop situation, but the CTRL+I/J/K/L ones should surely go through. Can you get other keyboard shortcuts to work (like the F1/F2 keys for adjust exposure). In some older versions of SharpCap there were issues where those wouldn't work properly depending on what part of the application you had clicked on most recently, but I think that is all fixed now.

cheers,

Robin
tentaclejoe

Post by tentaclejoe »

Oh sorry I missed the I/J/K/L shortcuts. Those do work! Thanks so much for your help.