Sequence element "Start a new live stack" not properly encoded in script

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
lowenthalm

Sequence element "Start a new live stack" not properly encoded in script

Post by lowenthalm »

The sequencer step "Start a new live stack" inserts the command "LiVE STACK START NEW" into the sequence text. It functions as expected opening live stack when the sequence is executed. However, when the sequence is saved and you attempt to reload it SharpCap generates a can't parse sequence step "LIVE STACK START NEW" and will not open the script.

Working and non-working versions of the sequence script are attached.
Attachments
New Target Initialization (Good).scs
I removed the command with a text editor so that it opens
(441 Bytes) Downloaded 25 times
New Target Initialization (Bad).scs
Sharpcap 4.1 can't parse this script, which was saved from the sequence editor
(474 Bytes) Downloaded 26 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequence element "Start a new live stack" not properly encoded in script

Post by admin »

Hi,

the bug here is that you managed to find the 'Live stack start new' step at all - it was supposed to be an internal step for the use of the interaction between 'GOTO co-ordinates' and live stacking.

I just checked and I can see it is showing up in the 'Misc' section of the steps :(

I think it is probably best that I hide that step as it has effects that may be unexpected if used other than as designed (for instance it will reset the stack and deliberately not autosave even if autosave is enabled - this is because when used in GOTO coordinates the stack is known to have been saved earlier in the process).

You should be able to reproduce the effects with a combination of other live stacking steps (reset/activate/resume)

cheers,

Robin
lowenthalm

Re: Sequence element "Start a new live stack" not properly encoded in script

Post by lowenthalm »

Got it. I was having trouble figuring out an equivalent using other available steps that would do the same thing. Will try tonight.