Goto Coordinates with PlateSolve

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
GoFraRo

Goto Coordinates with PlateSolve

Post by GoFraRo »

Hi Robin,
yesterday I had the chance to try the Goto-Coordinate function. Great feature !

There are two things I'm missing, that can be solved with one additional step.
After selecting the object or entering the coordinates, the mount moves to the desired object and the target name is set. So far so good.
When you after that select "Deep sky annotation", it fails. Why ?
Because, at least, an integrated (probably selectable) Plate Solve and Re-Centering is missing in order to get the proper annotations in place.

It's nothing that hurts, but would make things easier.

Regards
Gottfried
TS Photoline 60/360, TS Photon 150/750 Advanced Newton, Bresser 90/500 & MC 127/1900, ZWO ASI120MC-s, Player One Neptune-C, Altair Hypercam 294C Pro, SVBONY SV165 Guidescope, iOptron Cube Pro & CEM25P, Bortle 4, Germany-northwest region
Jean-Francois

Re: Goto Coordinates with PlateSolve

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello Gottfried,

Do you try the "Refine position using plate-solve and resync/re-goto" ?

The "Goto Catalog Target/Co-ordinates" tool can be used without or with an additional plate-solve step.

Regards,
Jean-Francois
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the annotation function requires a recent plate solving operation to have been performed (within 10 or so degrees of the current mount location). Since you have probably moved a long way in the GOTO, any plate solving data from the previous location will not be valid. As Jean-Francois says, if you enable the 'refine position' option then the plate solving will take place after the move, and that should mean that annotation would work without needing to plate solve.

cheers,

Robin
GoFraRo

Post by GoFraRo »

Hi Robin,
this "'refine position' option" is only available in "Goto Image". I'm talking about the "Goto Co-ordinates" and I cannot find any checkbox regarding this option.
Screenshot 2023-05-04 213226.jpg
Screenshot 2023-05-04 213226.jpg (84.21 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
I'm at the latest version of SC.

Thanks for your attention
Regards
Gottfried
TS Photoline 60/360, TS Photon 150/750 Advanced Newton, Bresser 90/500 & MC 127/1900, ZWO ASI120MC-s, Player One Neptune-C, Altair Hypercam 294C Pro, SVBONY SV165 Guidescope, iOptron Cube Pro & CEM25P, Bortle 4, Germany-northwest region
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Gottfried,

yes, that's a limitation of the GOTO co-ordinates tool in SharpCap 4.0. Try the SharpCap 4.1 beta - that has the refine option added and more improvements too.

cheers,

Robin
GoFraRo

Post by GoFraRo »

Hi Robin,
another feedback. It works smoothly.
Regards
Gottfried