Live stack re-centering using ROI move

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
MikeT

Live stack re-centering using ROI move

Post by MikeT »

Robin,
When Live Stacking and NOT 'real' guiding you have an option to plate solve and recentre after a certain amount of pixel drift. This is only currently by moving the mount.

Tonight I'm imaging M101 again and just have an ROI of 1600x1600 from my ZWO1600MM camera (to limit file sizes and avoid vignetting to a large extent). It struck me that under this situation you might be able to offer the re-centre code but moving the ROI instead of the mount - same as you can do in Feature Tracking.

Thanks,
Mike
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live stack re-centering using ROI move

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

yes, you are quite right - if you are working at an ROI then you could adjust the ROI to recenter. In fact, it's an easier thing to work out the version that uses plate solving and the mount movement.

Of course, in the end you would run out of ROI adjustment when your ROI region gets to the edge of the sensor area, but still useful.

Idea noted on the 'todo in the future' list.

cheers,

Robin