SC version 2.9.3080.0 Notification Bar doesn't always appear after capture sequence completes

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
saguaro

SC version 2.9.3080.0 Notification Bar doesn't always appear after capture sequence completes

Post by saguaro »

In previous versions of SC, the green Notification Bar would always appear below the Toolbar after a capture sequence completed. In the latest version, 2.9.3080.0, I've noticed that sometimes the Notification Bar appears as expected. However some other times after a capture sequence completes, the SharpCap UI just "flashes" momentarily (UI dims and then brightens again) instead of displaying the green Notification Bar.

Windows 10 64-bit with latest updates
ZWO ASI1600MC-Cool camera
admin
Site Admin

Re: SC version 2.9.3080.0 Notification Bar doesn't always appear after capture sequence completes

Post by admin »

Ooops, that's not good.

The grey flash I understand - I now disable the window while the capture is finishing up, otherwise if it took a while for the final frames to be written to disk people were clicking 'Start Capture' again before that had finished and crashing the program. I will try to make it less obvious by only disabling the menu/toolbar though.

The green bar not appearing is not so good - will have to experiment to work out why. Thanks for the info.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: SC version 2.9.3080.0 Notification Bar doesn't always appear after capture sequence completes

Post by admin »

Hi,

I've tried to make this happen and failed so far - I suspect it's a timing issue... If two things happen at just the right time relative to each other (or just the wrong time if you like) then it doesn't show.

Could you share the settings you were using to make the bug happen - ie the number of frames in each capture, the time between captures, the camera in use and the (approximate) exposure value.

thanks,

Robin
saguaro

Post by saguaro »

Number of frames in a capture sequence: 20
Time between captures: 2-3 minutes
Camera: ASI1600MC-Cool using ZWO's native driver (first choice in the Camera list)
Exposure values: ranged from .18ms to .34ms
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah yes, got it now. I can make it happen with my 1600MM, but only in MONO16 mode. It's one of those annoying bugs where all the code seems to be doing the right thing to tell the notification to appear but it still doesn't.

Fortunately it turned out that 3.0 worked correctly, which is due to the change in 3.0 to stop the notification bar pushing the image downwards (in 3.0 the notification bar shows over the top rather than pushing the image down), so I have taken that change from 3.0 and this will be fixed in both 3.0 and in the next 2.9 release ( I expect there will be one to catch up on this bug and any other similar issues that have crept in)

cheers,

Robin
saguaro

Post by saguaro »

Thanks for fixing this! Glad I was able to help squash this bug.