ALTITUDE LISTING GOTO CATALOG ERROR

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
donboy

ALTITUDE LISTING GOTO CATALOG ERROR

Post by donboy »

The listing of the altitudes is way off in the goto catalog but goto is ok. Example at 9pm M51 was at 78deg approx. but the catalog said 31deg. all the listings I looked at had the wrong altitude listed.

Also the setting of the exposure to 4sec and gain 151 doesn't work when reduced exposure and increase gain is used. I run the 2600 camera at gain 101 and typical plate solve successfully at 1.5 to 11+ sec. So if I set the exposure to say 4 sec at 101 gain and run the goto coord routine it works most of the time. It will always work with these setting using plate solve in scope controls. It would be better if we can enter the plate solve exposure value and not have the program calculate some values.
Info 201614.624558 #1 Starting .txt
(788.93 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Regards,

Don
admin
Site Admin

Re: ALTITUDE LISTING GOTO CATALOG ERROR

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

worth checking your latitude and longitude are set up correctly. In the polar alignment part of the log it is recording the lat/long used there (which would put you somewhere near Philadelphia). However for the target selection, the default lat/long are taken from the ASCOM driver configuration if it has them available, so it could be that the setup for your ASCOM mount driver has incorrect latitude and longitude set.

cheers,

Robin
donboy

Post by donboy »

Hi Robin,

Try other versions of SC and it report the correct altitude when the object is selected. The first object list on the latest beta is M57 at 81deg , but should say 8 deg
Screenshot 2023-05-19 205101.png
Screenshot 2023-05-19 205101.png (68 KiB) Viewed 619 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, OK, I see the same odd results now in that dropdown, except for solar system targets which give the right result (that's what I checked yesterday, since I was doing solar at the time).

Will dig into it. The full catalog seems to be correct.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

hopefully this should be fixed in 4.1.10652 - I was mistakenly using the latitude of the observer for both the latitude and the longitude when doing those calculations... I blame autocomplete :D

cheers,

Robin
donboy

Post by donboy »

Thanks Robin, looks OK.

Regards,

Don