Recentering after Plate Solve not working

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
Oberon510

Re: Recentering after Plate Solve not working

Post by Oberon510 »

Did four galaxies last night and all centered after plate solve. Thanks again Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Same here, problem solved :)

Menno
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

good to hear that all is well again with the plate solving.

If you try the *very* latest version (4.1.10427) and use the 'Goto Co-ordinates' tool, you will notice that I have tweaked it so that it will try to reduce the exposure time to 4s during the movement and plate solving phases. This is accompanied by an increase in gain to try to keep the image brightness roughly the same. The intention is to speed up the process (which could be slow if you had set for example 30s or even longer exposures).

There are a few situations where the code will not adjust the exposure - for instance if it is already short and you have not enabled plate solving.

Feedback on how well this works is very welcome.

cheers,

Robin
kaymann

Post by kaymann »

admin wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:41 pm Hi folks,

good to hear that all is well again with the plate solving.

If you try the *very* latest version (4.1.10427) and use the 'Goto Co-ordinates' tool, you will notice that I have tweaked it so that it will try to reduce the exposure time to 4s during the movement and plate solving phases. This is accompanied by an increase in gain to try to keep the image brightness roughly the same. The intention is to speed up the process (which could be slow if you had set for example 30s or even longer exposures).

There are a few situations where the code will not adjust the exposure - for instance if it is already short and you have not enabled plate solving.

Feedback on how well this works is very welcome.

cheers,

Robin
Thank you, thank you!

First for solving the recenter problem and second for this fix. I found myself shortening the exposure and having to remember to push it back up. This will be a great addition.