Cpwi issue

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
toadstool409

Cpwi issue

Post by toadstool409 »

I Have Cpwi choosen in Hardware to control my mount all of the buttons on the the controller does nothing except the park button. Any ideal what i night be doing wrong.
UPMICHIGAN

Re: Cpwi issue

Post by UPMICHIGAN »

Hi,
I just installed CPWI on my Win 11 machine and it went flawlessly. Here are a couple of things that I learned so far and perhaps one of them is the issue for you. First, I'm sure you are plugged into the hand controller of your scope and not the base, that would be a BAD thing. Second, make sure the slew rate is set up to 9 or so, lower numbers are sloth speed and I thought my scope was not moving but it was, very, VERY slowly! My last idea would be to do the typical computer thing. Uninstall the software, restart your computer with the scope unplugged from the computer, reinstall the software and then plug your scope into a USB port and see if that does it. You may want to try another port on your computer if it does not work after all this, it's a mystery why all USB ports do not behave the same but they do not. Find your "favorite one" and stick with that. Good luck!
Reid
admin
Site Admin

Re: Cpwi issue

Post by admin »

Hi,

it could certainly be the slew rates thing, since the lower rates are very slow and it might not be immediately noticeable that the mount was moving.

Also, I'm not clear which controller it is that is not working? The physical hand controller? The on-screen virtual controller from CPWI or the direction buttons within SharpCap?

cheers,

Robin