Live Stacking Not Working

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
PeterC65

Live Stacking Not Working

Post by PeterC65 »

Hi Robin,

Live stacking is not working for me with SharpCap 4.1.10316.0.

I start live stacking and the software shifts each subsequent frame in a gross way, moving the stars out of alignment so that they appear many times in the live stack. I've seen this happen on two evenings with different scopes and different targets. Last night I captured the individual frames and the log file, plus a snapshot of the live stack, which you can see here.
[url]https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link[/url]

I've run the individual frames through SharpCap 4.0 and 4.1 this morning and they work fine with 4.0 but show the problem with 4.1.

Peter
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live Stacking Not Working

Post by admin »

Hi Peter,

unfortunately the link that you have shared doesn't seem to work (it says 'Access Denied' - I think it is the sort of link that only works for specific people, rather than one that works for anyone).

My guess is that you have maybe adjusted some of the alignment settings (for instance turned on comet alignment and forgotten to turn it off), which would make the alignment behave oddly. There is also a check box that can be unticked to turn off alignment entirely, so maybe that has become unchecked?

cheers,

Robin
PeterC65

Re: Live Stacking Not Working

Post by PeterC65 »

Hi Robin,

Yes I had left Comet Alignment turned on. Sorry for the false alarm!

I'll try using SC 4.1 again next time (hopefully tonight).

Thanks,

Peter