Bugs in the Beta

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
GaryS

Bugs in the Beta

Post by GaryS »

Tried to take a fits and got a .png. After that live stacking froze with a note on the histo about not being able to adjust the histo while viewing a raw frame - which I was not doing...

Ill toss the Beta and download the last stable version...
cheers
Gary
Jean-Francois

Re: Bugs in the Beta

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello Gary,

You can install SharpCap several times ... the last 3.2 (32 or 64 bit), 4.0 (32 or 64 bit) or beta 4.1 (only 64 bit) on the same computer.
It is better to use the stable 4.0 version for critical or important work.
In parallel you can have the beta 4.1 version for testing (and sometimes debugging) the new features.

Do you change between Live mode and Still mode ?
Some camera parameters "remember" between the different mode.
And if you change to Live Stack ... sometime you have not exactly what you want when you stop the live stacking.

Regards,
Jean-Francois
GaryS

Post by GaryS »

Hi J-P
My note was just about a bug where SC fails to create a fits image when fits is chosen as the image capture format.
Cheers
Gary
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

this may be intentional - if you choose either of the options 'Save with adjustments' or 'Save exactly as seen' in live stacking, you will *always* get a PNG regardless of settings, since these save options are designed to save the image for sharing/viewing rather than further processing.

If you saw the message about not being able to adjust the histogram then you have probably inadvertently changed from viewing the stack to viewing the individual frames. This could have happened (for example) if you had clicked on that particular drop down then inadvertently scrolled the mouse wheel.

cheers,

Robin
GaryS

Post by GaryS »

Ok Robin - understood thank you.

I guess I might expect that a deliberate choice above of saved image format would over-ride other selection options below, or perhaps just result in an Alert that something being attempted might not be allowed.

Anyway, I’m probably the only one experiencing, or reporting, the issues so I’ll just go figure out how I should have tried to save in ‘.fits’ format.

Thanks for this great application…
Gary
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Gary,

to save into FITS format for further processing, use the 'Save as 16 bit' or 'Save as 32 bit' options in the live stacking dropdown. More on this can be found here in the documentation : https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Actions%20Group

cheers,

Robin