224MC and Graphics Acceleration

sfischer

224MC and Graphics Acceleration

Post by sfischer »

Found an interesting issue tonight.

All winter long, I've been using a 533MC and 120MC combo with no issues. Tonight, I swapped out scopes to being Galaxy Season. For this rig, I use the same 533MC, but a 224MC for a guide camera instead of the 120.

Turns out the 224 does not like the Graphics Acceleration. While the 533 ran the same as always, the 224 would only update the image if I change up the Colour Space. And even then, it only does one frame. Turning off the Acceleration fixed the issue, but I thought it worth posting that it only affected the 224.

Cheers,
Sam Fischer
Menno555

Re: 224MC and Graphics Acceleration

Post by Menno555 »

Hi Sam

Do you have an up to date graphics card driver?
And if the problem continues, could you provide a log file from such a session? You can find the logfiles here:
C:\Users\*Your Windows Username*\AppData\Local\SharpCap\logs\

Menno
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Sam,

I suspect that it may be the higher frame rate of the 224 that is tripping things up. An update to the graphics driver as suggested by Menno is certainly worth trying - there are some older drivers out there for Intel embedded graphics that seem to be particularly dodgy. It's worth going to the manufacturer of the graphics chip you are using (Intel/NVidia/AMD) to look for drivers, as you will generally find the very newest that way. The manufacturer of your PC/Laptop (eg Dell, Acer, etc) may have a driver download page, but they will often be older ones.

cheers,

Robin
sfischer

Post by sfischer »

Had to dig for a driver from Intel. Their site kept saying there were no drivers...

But that seems to have fixed it.

Cheers!
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Good to hear it works again :)
And yes, Intel sometimes buries some things very deep somehow.

Menno