ZWO asi385MC

rmontagna

ZWO asi385MC

Post by rmontagna »

For some reason, all of a sudden the images on my laptop look like negatives when using my ZWO camera. If I switch to either FireCapture or the ASI software, I don't have that issue. It started all of a sudden. I was imaging the sun today and I had a black disk moving across my screen. When I just used the camera (out of the telescope), everything looked like a negative. If I shoot an image, though, the image looks fine. It's just that everything is backwards on my laptop screen. Any suggestions? I couldn't find any controls that might reverse that. Thanks for any help.
Menno555

Re: ZWO asi385MC

Post by Menno555 »

Hi and welcome

First thing that comes to mind that you maybe clicked the Inverse Image button by accident?
It's the button on the right hand side I circled in green in this screenshot. If you click it again, your view should be normal again.

Menno

Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (164.78 KiB) Viewed 7005 times
rmontagna

Post by rmontagna »

Menno - you are absolutely correct! Thank you so much. I'm really a novice at this and with our really poor skies (live near Buffalo) I haven't seen a star in weeks (or at least not on an evening that was warm enough to brave the outside with my Evolution 8) and haven't had an opportunity to try out my camera. We had some clear blue skies yesterday so I figured I'd practice shooting some sun spots. Everything was backwards. Thanks again for your great help!
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

You are welcome.
And don't worry, we were all novices once :)

Menno