Simple Question

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
elrico

Simple Question

Post by elrico »

I do " Barebones" Astronomy, EAA, I only use lights, I do PA in SC {great for me at 72yr old)
no guiding etc, Telrad and handset suite me fine. Short exp with fairly high gain.
What I need clarification on is.

I get nice images at very short exp & high gain
However, I want to save all my Stack images for later use in DSS & PSCS2,just Curves n Stretch to improve slightly for saving in my Astro Folder.
I am a little confused regarding saving the stack as FITs
also, while saving the stack as FITS, if I click on the small save icon in the Display Menu will that save as png, and will it interfere with my stacking in fits.
Eric
admin
Site Admin

Re: Simple Question

Post by admin »

Hi Eric,

to save the individual frames as FITS, set the 'preferred still file save format' to FITS in the 'Saving' page of the settings.

When you save the stack itself, the first two options (Save as 16 bit and Save as 32 bit) always save as FITS. The last two (Save with adjustments and save exactly as seen) always save as PNG. The small save button on the right in the display stretch area is identical in function to the 'save exactly as seen option' and also saves as PNG.

Saving using one of these will not interrupt or interfere with the saving of the raw frames.

Hope this helps,

Robin
elrico

Re: Simple Question

Post by elrico »

Thanks Robin, fully understand now, and may I say your PA tool has saved the day for me ( and my creaky knees)
Regards
Eric