Creating a Variable in Sequence Editor

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
natzem.lima

Creating a Variable in Sequence Editor

Post by natzem.lima »

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way that I can create a variable in the sequence editor? Or how I might do that in the notepad file that the sequence editor writes? Sometimes there is a gain setting I want to apply over many individual stills with other settings changed and the current way is that I manually go in and change it or do a search function in the notepad file and find/replace where necessary. I was hoping for something more streamlined in this regard.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating a Variable in Sequence Editor

Post by admin »

Hi,

I have been trying to avoid adding the concept of variables to the sequence editor, since it adds a lot of complexity (not only do you need to set them up, but you also need to be able to use them in all the places where you currently just pick values). Also, adding variables makes it much more likely that it will be impossible to estimate how long the sequence will take (at the moment, it is possible in most cases).

My preferred approach to this sort of problem has been to add ways to save and restore things of interest - such as a way to save the current co-ordinates and then return to them later. Perhaps something similar could help in your use case?

cheers,

Robin