Meridian Flip

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
woldsweather

Meridian Flip

Post by woldsweather »

Rightly or wronghly my method around meridian flip is to send the mount to home poostion a few mins before then send it back to target a few mins after - is that acceptable?

However I get error radec sync rejected or something to that effect when I send it to the poost meridional position.

I read this error is because you asre trying to goto a target on the other side of the m,eridion but I am not doing that.

OK whats the correct way to go about thios?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Meridian Flip

Post by admin »

Hi,

are you using EQMOD? I think that the sync rejected message is an EQMOD one..

If I remember correctly, EQMOD rejects a sync if it thinks the current position and the one in the sync command are so far apart as to be likely wrong. The SharpCap log would contain details of the co-ordinates that the mount was reporting, and that the plate solving calculated when the error happened, so we could see if that theory is correct or not.

cheers,

Robin
woldsweather

Re: Meridian Flip

Post by woldsweather »

I rerad of another method so last night I waited till 2/3 mins after flip time then issued a goto command then platesolve and that work OK.