Heads up Dr. Glover

DiligentSkies

Heads up Dr. Glover

Post by DiligentSkies »

Hello Dr Glover,
First off, "A very massive shoutout for taming the TEC two stage cooler for ZWO cooled CMOS cameras."
This is very much appreciated.

"Given the various cooling issues associated with a cooled astrophotography camera that engages the two staged TEC cooler right out of the gate at maximum cooling power levels."
When in truth workflow connectively issues obscenely, MUST require TEC cooling, "Should be in a zero-power state at the time of powerup workflow."

The issue of TEC cooling at maximum power cooling right out of the gate on 12volt DC connectively has already bricked one of my CMOS cameras from TEC cooling failure.
I believe the issue is related to relative humidity levels that an uncontrolled TEC power profile that seeks, "A maximum cooling profile right out the gate on applied DC voltage, "Such that by the time workflow software connectivity is established, "The staged TEC cooler has already aggressively lowered the sensor temperature in a manner that is counter to thermo-equilibrium constraints."

So basically Dr Glover... "A big, massive shoutout for implementing a software on/off switch for ZWO two stage TEC cooling."

Sincerely,
Mark
oopfan

Re: Heads up Dr. Glover

Post by oopfan »

Definition of "heads up":
heads-up (plural heads-up or heads-ups) (chiefly US, idiomatic) A warning or call to pay attention; an advisory notice; a notice of what is to happen; a holler.
I saw the headline/subject then read your post but still can't find any warning of incoming flack.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Heads up Dr. Glover

Post by admin »

Yes, I'm a bit muddled here too...

While SharpCap does have a gradual cooling function as part of the sequencer, if you just tinker with the cooling settings manually then SharpCap leaves it up to the camera driver to work out how fast to cool to the set temperature.

I wonder if ZWO have reduced their cooldown rate as part of an SDK update at some point along the way? It would make sense for them if they were having issues with rapid cooling causing dew issues, etc.

cheers,

Robin