plate solving issue

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
neilbarber

plate solving issue

Post by neilbarber »

Hi ... i've been having no problems with plate solving until I changed mounts. I've switched over to an AVX mount, connect through cpwi, do my PA and then get cpwi to go to a star. Once there it's not in view so I plate solve in Sharpcap and it finds it ok and slews to the right location and centres. If I then go back to cpwi and pick another star and then go back to Sharpcap, it's in the frame but not centred so I plate solve again but this time it doesn't wotk. Says it's found around 200 but just keeps checking but doesn't seem to solve and just keeps trying. I can stop it and move to another star but again it just keeps trying but gets nowhere. Have I done something wrong as I don't understand why it plate solves the first time but nothing after that.
Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: plate solving issue

Post by admin »

Hi,

definitely odd that it works the first time, but not after that. The easiest way to check this further would be for you to capture a SharpCap log showing both the initial successful plate solve and the later failed ones - the log will contain a lot of info including what parameters are being used to launch the plate solving engine. To go along with the log, please 'snapshot' an image when you do the first successful solve and the later failed ones, so I can check those image files to see how they work in the plate solving engine and what might be going wrong.

thanks,

Robin
neilbarber

Re: plate solving issue

Post by neilbarber »

Will see if i can find out how to do that and next clear night will try. Thanks