admin
Site Admin

SharpCap 4.1 Update - improvements to Feature Tracking and Dark Filter support

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

new update to SharpCap 4.1 Beta available today :

https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 0&arch=x64

Things to note in this version :

* Plate solve settings have been re-arranged slightly so that the 'Test' button is higher up and will not go out of view
* The multi-reticule control window can now be minimized
* Feature tracking improvements - various internal changes, plus you can choose whether center-of-mass tracking will put the target in the center of the frame or not
* Add support for specifying a 'dark' filter in Hardware settings. If set up then this will be used for dark and dark flat captures in the sequence planner and flat and dark capture tools.
* Internal change - movement rates are now tracked internally in SharpCap in degrees per second, not multiples of sidereal - may fix some rare issues with certain GOTO mounts that specify exact movement rates only
* Fix issue with saved image from mini histogram being RAW rather than RGB
* Monitor for device reconnection after a camera that is in use is lost from USB. 90% of camera lost/stops responding events seem to be related to the camera disconnecting from USB and if it reconnects quickly it may be possible to write code to cope with this.

As usual, worth giving things a bit of a test in daylight before committing clear skies time to a beta vesion, just in case :)

cheers,

Robin
Fabioibirru

Re: SharpCap 4.1 Update - improvements to Feature Tracking and Dark Filter support

Post by Fabioibirru »

Dear Robin,
thanks a lot for this new beta update and continous improvement!

In the FX list the "solar colorization" miss.

Do you removed this effect from SC?

Thanks

Fabio
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap 4.1 Update - improvements to Feature Tracking and Dark Filter support

Post by admin »

Hi Fabio,

the Solar Colorization only appears in the list when you are in MONO mode (I think it is only MONO8 too). If you are in RGB or RAW then it does not appear.

cheers,

Robin
Fabioibirru

Post by Fabioibirru »

Thanks a lot Robin,

I apologize :(

Fabio
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Fabio,

no worries - things like that have confused me before and I wrote them!

cheers,

Robin