Basler a2A4096-30 um does not work

Bastelhannes

Basler a2A4096-30 um does not work

Post by Bastelhannes »

Hi there,

I am trying to get the above mentioned cam working under Win11Pro and sharpcap v4.0.9268.

Pylon7 software: not enough memory available

Pylon6 software: only D-show drivers work with all disadvantages.

What can I do, what information do you need to help me?

Best regards,

Karsten
admin
Site Admin

Re: Basler a2A4096-30 um does not work

Post by admin »

Hi,

I am afraid that Basler made changes in Pylon 6.2 and above that removed the system that SharpCap used to control Basler cameras. You may find it works if you install Pylon 6.1

While there is an alternative way to control the cameras in Pylon 6.2 and above, changing SharpCap to use that approach would involve a lot of work, and Basler cameras only make up a tiny fraction of 1% of all SharpCap usage. I am therefore planning to remove Basler camera support in version 4.1 of SharpCap, sorry to have to give only bad news :(

cheers,

Robin
Bastelhannes

Post by Bastelhannes »

This are really bad news,

I was working with Baader for new solar cams.

Okay, I let them know to stop the project.

Sharpcap seems to become a problem for me more and more: no Touptek, no Basler. I am working with both for new solutions with new prototypes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

if you can get hold of the very latest Touptek directshow drivers then they contain some updates that allows SharpCap to have somewhat enhanced functionality, which would be worth a look. These will be dated late 2022 (Sep/Oct/Nov). If you can't find them, let me know and I will share my copy with you.

I've also had someone from Basler contact me about the possibly removal of functionality - not sure if that will help resolve anything yet though.

cheers,

Robin