Omegon veTEC 571 Camera

admin
Site Admin

Re: Omegon veTEC 571 Camera

Post by admin »

Hi,

I hope that at some point in the future we will be able to have an improved user experience with TT cameras. No commitment on that at the moment and no timeline though, sorry.

Robin
dtiazlovas

Post by dtiazlovas »

A few updates that may be of use to those with a similar camera.

With the new version of Sharpcap camera's behaviour during exposure change is only slightly different. Not sure if there was a change regarding that situation but it still remained more or less the same.

I've traced camera disconnects to an USB issue so that can be resolved on my side.

Recently I've tried planetary imaging and encountered a new problem. When saving images to AVI, the result is as attached. It looks skewed about 45 degrees (1 pixel per row I guess?) and it almost seems interlaced over the RGB components. Single TIFFs or live view is ok. The settings I was using were 8 bit RGB so RGB24 color space. Not sure if this is camera related since the image it produces is ok but I did not have these problems with my ZWO 533.
Attachments
jupiter.png
jupiter.png (149.14 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

that's definitely an odd issue and one I haven't seen before. Do you happen to have the capture settings file for the problem AVI - I will see if I can recreate a similar setup and see if the problem happens to me. It might be worth trying SER capture as that may work around issues in AVI.

cheers,

Robin
dtiazlovas

Post by dtiazlovas »

Here's the settings file. As you can see I've used resolution crop with pan/tilt but those do not cause issues in stills.
Attachments
Capture.CameraSettings.txt
(1 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

can you try making the width of the ROI area a multiple of 4 - ie 3112 or 3116 - and see if that helps. I think there may be an issue where the width is not a multiple of 4.

cheers,

Robin
dtiazlovas

Post by dtiazlovas »

Yep, that seems to be the culprit. Trying several multiple of 4 and non-multiple of 4 resolutions, the former are saved correctly and latter are skewed.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, thanks for confirming. I think I may limit the width settings to factors of 4, which will avoid this problem without me needing to see the camera and work out exactly what is going on.

cheers,

Robin