Please write out a live stacking frame log

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Borodog

Please write out a live stacking frame log

Post by Borodog »

I know that SharpCap writes out a log. But it's full of all kinds of extraneous stuff. What I would like is a tab or comma separated file that contains

- Header information that does not change with frame like target name, date, maybe camera settings like exposure, gain, offset

Then a row for each frame with information like:

- Timestamp
- rawfile filename
- sensor temperature
- x, y, r offsets to the stack
- FWHM
- Brightness
- # of stars detected (I think SharpCap calculates this, right?)
- Stacked or not

Basically any global stats that SharpCap is calculating on a per frame basis, I would like written out in a form that can easily be loaded up in something like Excel for easy plotting and review.

An alternative but more ambitious solution would be to have a plotting tab in SharpCap that could plot these things and export plots or data. You can plot some things in a limited way for a limited number of frames, but I routinely stack hundreds of frames, and I want to see how things like FHWM, brightness, sensor temperature, # of stars are varying over the course of an entire session. Just writing out a log is a much simpler solution.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Please write out a live stacking frame log

Post by admin »

Hi,

nice idea, thanks for the suggestion.

cheers,

Robin