grid on avi

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
barryf

grid on avi

Post by barryf »

hi hopefully someone can help me?
i have just finished an imaging session and found that all my AVI's have a grid on them. I have never had this before and wondering what has caused this i have recently purchased a new pc and downloaded sharpcap3.0 .I am using an ZWO AS1224MC with my Nexstar 6SE which previously to the new pc and software has not had any issues
any help would be really great
thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: grid on avi

Post by admin »

Hi,

you have captured in 'RAW' mode, which is a good thing, but that means that the output file needs an extra processing step called 'debayering' to get rid of the grid pattern and get the colours back - see viewtopic.php?t=254 for some more info.

cheers,

Robin
barryf

Post by barryf »

Hi thanks for the link i have been trying to process some images now but still unable to remove the grid which still eludes me i cant see that i have done anything different from when i stated using this software and apart from the new pc nothing has changed. has Registax had any changes or could i download an older version to try and eliminate the grid i am getting ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

did you try loading the avi into PIPP and then choosing the 'Debayer Monochrome Frames' option in the Input Options tab? You will need to get the right debayer pattern option (but there are only 4 to try - 2 will still show the grid, one will have weird colours and one will look correct).

Once you have the options right you can tell PIPP to process through to a full colour AVI and then stack that

cheers,

Robin
NeilG

Post by NeilG »

One other possibility may be to capture in RGB24 mode? The files will be x3 larger, but there should be no need to debayer the avi>
Scopes: Celestron C11, 102SLT , Ascension 127mm Apo, Opticstar 152mm Mak, Ascension 80mm Apo
Mounts: EQ8, EQ5 Pro, Nexstar SLT
Imaging: ASI1600MM-Cool, ASI533MC-Pro, ASI290MM, ASI224MC, Quark, QHY5L-II-M,
Opticstar 82 eyepieces, lots of other stuff
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Barry

Can you put an AVI somewhre for download - I will have a look at it. When you post back please include the capture settings file.

Dave