Question about downloading new releases of Sharpcap software

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Moonstruck

Question about downloading new releases of Sharpcap software

Post by Moonstruck »

Just a general question about downloading new versions of Sharpcap. When I download the new version, do the settings that I entered into the previous version (location information and other settings) remain, or do I need to enter everything in again?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about downloading new releases of Sharpcap software

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, that's right - all settings are maintained (and in fact they are maintained if you uninstall then reinstall later).

If you upgrade from 3.2 to 4.0 then the settings you had from 3.2 are copied the first time you run 4.0. After that point however, the settings for 3.2 and 4.0 are independent of each other (since it's possible that 4.0 might setup settings in a way that 3.2 would not understand).

cheers,

Robin
Moonstruck

Post by Moonstruck »

Ok, thanks Robin. Good to know I can upgrade without entering in all my info again!
Moonstruck

Post by Moonstruck »

Another question about the software. My computer got rained on last night and may be unusable. Can I load the software onto another laptop? Just wanted to make sure my license is good for more than one computer.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, that's no problem - as an individual license owner you can use your license on any PC that you own.

What is this rain thing of which you speak? Haven't seen any of that round here for months!

Robin
Moonstruck

Post by Moonstruck »

We are in a drought here in CT but it figures, one of the few showers we got happened at night with all my equipment set up! Next time I’m going to cover everything with plastic if there is even a remote chance of a shower!My laptop was drenched and no longer works. It was a good excuse to buy another one 😀
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I remember many years ago setting everything up on a cold, clear night, popping indoors to check something and when I came back out there were snowflakes drifting down onto the telescope. Fortunately not enough to cause any damage, but a bit of a shock!

cheers,

Robin