LiveStacking with NINA Acquisition

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
ganymede235

LiveStacking with NINA Acquisition

Post by ganymede235 »

Hello,

This sounds like a question that has been asked before - apologies, I could not find the thread.

I want to use the Live Stacking in Sharpcap to live-stack frames captured by NINA. I also would like to apply a dark(s), flat(s), darkflat(s).

Could someone point out how to get to the settings that control what directory ShapCap will monitor for new images (ShapCap not acquiring, NINA is - both are running simultaneously.) Also, where to point ot the calibration files for the livestack?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the nob question.

--Paul
admin
Site Admin

Re: LiveStacking with NINA Acquisition

Post by admin »

Hi Paul,

you need to use a feature of SharpCap called the 'Folder Monitor Camera' - it will watch a folder on the computer for new image files being added and process each one as if it had just been captured from a camera. See https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Virtual%20Cameras for more info.

Once you have done that, set up dark and flat frames in the 'Preprocessing' control section on the right as you would if you were using a real camera, start live stacking and press the 'Play' button in the folder monitor camera to start processing frames.

Hope this helps,

Robin
ganymede235

Re: LiveStacking with NINA Acquisition

Post by ganymede235 »

Thanks Robin,that helps tons!