New to SharpCap and iOptron Cameras

Discussions of using SharpCap for Planetary Imaging
rlmkaiser

New to SharpCap and iOptron Cameras

Post by rlmkaiser »

Good morning. I am an absolute novice here, so please forgive my naiveite...
I have begun dabbling in astrophotography and am having a bit of turmoil here. Mind you, I am not into deep space shots and the like. I'll subscribe to James Webb for such. I just want to enjoy my equipment. I have an Orion Mak-90, coupled with an Orion 45 degree diagonal and an Orion Ultrascopic three element Barlow coupled to an iOptron iE5100 digital camera. These are connected to an HP 17T running W10. I have both, Toupview and SharpCap 3.1/3.2. The later was recommended on a forum I was reading on Cloudy Skys' webpage.

While still learning Toupview, I acquired SharpCap as a next step, so to speak. My issue is SharpCap will not recognize the iE5100. Am I missing something? I can get video through Toupview, But not SharpCap. My goal here is to enjoy both, nite photography and landscape photography.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
R
Menno555

Re: New to SharpCap and iOptron Cameras

Post by Menno555 »

Hi and welcome R

Did you install the Ioptron drivers for the camera?
I would advise first to download and install the latest version of SharpCap, version 4. There have been a lot of changes and maybe it helps to detect your camera. You can find it here: https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/downloads

Menno
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

this camera is not supported directly by SharpCap, but possibly the manufacturers of the camera have made either DirectShow drivers or ASCOM drivers available for the camera. If you can find and install either of these from the manufacturer's web site then SharpCap should be able to see the camera using those technologies.

cheers,

Robin
rlmkaiser

Post by rlmkaiser »

Thank-you All! I will follow your suggestions.