Hide Unused Filter Slots?

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Icharuss

Hide Unused Filter Slots?

Post by Icharuss »

I just started using the manual filter wheel to help control the use of my filter drawer. Currently I have three filters and a space for "None". Is there some way to hide the rest of the filters that I'm not currently using? Perhaps having a checkbox or something to show a slot as "visible" in the connected control panel.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hide Unused Filter Slots?

Post by admin »

Hi,

sadly no way to do that at the moment - I think the right option would be to have a way to set the number of active filters in the setup - I will make a note of this idea.

cheers,

Robin
MarMax

Post by MarMax »

On Cloudy Nights one of the members said that hiding unused filters was working.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/8297 ... p=12429159

I've tried using "(None)" in the unused filter slots but it does not work. I'm running 4.0.9529.
ManualFilterWheel_ScrnGrab.jpg
ManualFilterWheel_ScrnGrab.jpg (31.32 KiB) Viewed 801 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

sorry, still no way to actually make this happen (I just checked the code), however it should be easy to make it so that a filter with an empty name does not appear - I will do that for SharpCap 4.1

I can't see how anyone could make it work - very odd if that is being reported on Cloudy Nights!

cheers,

Robin
MarMax

Post by MarMax »

Thanks for the update Robin. Here's the post with the screen shot.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/8297 ... p=12429159

But it only worked this one time. So I'll test it with my 4.1 and see how it goes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

that's so weird - I don't understand how that would happen!

Anyway, next update of 4.1 (due Monday) will hide filters where the name is blank or entirely whitespace characters.

cheers,

Robin