Plate solve and synch and re-goto in scripting Prompts user

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
mfratto

Plate solve and synch and re-goto in scripting Prompts user

Post by mfratto »

I am working on a script to capture a stack of images then pause, then plate solve and recenter the target to account for drift before taking another round of stacked frames and pausing. I repeat this for number of rounds.

When I get to "Plate solve a single frame, sync the mount and re-goto the target", Sharpcap presents a user prompt that says to the effect of "Live stacking is paused, do you want to move the mount" and then I have to click "OK" to proceed.

Its the same if Sharpcap's platesolve settings are "sync mount and recenter target" or "offset the mount position to center the target."

I'd assume that step would simply move the mount without user input.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Plate solve and synch and re-goto in scripting Prompts user

Post by admin »

Hi,

good point - I had not spotted that interaction - let me investigate it.

There is going to be a built in way to do this sort of adjustment during live stacking - I have part of the code written, but the interactions with other functionality like dithering are complex enough to make it hard to get right :(

cheers,

Robin
MunichAtNight

Post by MunichAtNight »

Hi Robin!

I run into the same problem!
plate-solving_prompt.jpg
plate-solving_prompt.jpg (263 KiB) Viewed 420 times
Is there already a workaround or a solution?

I use Sharpcap Version 4.0.8973.0 and newer version are wide ahead! ;) I looked to the list of changes in release notes, but I couldn't find something which would address this problem. Any way I will install newest version and will try tonight again.

Thank you - Ewald
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the code of the latest versions does not show that 'Please confirm' message if the sequencer is running, so I think you should probably upgrade to the very latest. I expect it was one of those small changes that I decided was not important enough for the release notes.

cheers,

Robin
MunichAtNight

Post by MunichAtNight »

Hello Robin!
admin wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:30 pm I expect it was one of those small changes that I decided was not important enough for the release notes.
Good to know! Great! Thank you for your feedback! Next "Clear skies" I will try and report!

Ewald
MunichAtNight

Post by MunichAtNight »

Hello Robin!

I installed yesterday the SharpCapVersion 4.0.9268.0 and you are of course right! The script doesn't ask any more for any user action!

Thank you, very helpful!

MunichAtNigth - Ewald