Some change with GPS window status

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Jean-Francois

Some change with GPS window status

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello Robin,

I use last night again my telescope setup (EAGLE computer with Newton + QHY-174-GPS) after a pause of 2 months.
I install the last version of SharpCap (4.0.9063) on the EAGLE and I connect my camera.

First some problem with the "BadData" ... it was a long time present. I move the GPS receiver, I disconnect the power ... no change.
Only after disconnecting the power and the USB cable, it was working properly.

The question is more .. do you change something on the font of the GPS window status ?
And, the GPS window status with the last version of SharpCap has a fix size. It is no more possible to reduce and change the size.

Regards,
Jean-Francois
admin
Site Admin

Re: Some change with GPS window status

Post by admin »

Hi Jean-Francois,

what I have changed in the latest version is the window that displays the data so that it is consistent with the rest of SharpCap (dark theme working properly, etc). The actual data itself and the way it is read from the camera should be identical. I made the new window fixed size because it seems to make sense as the stuff it needs to display doesn't change. I can change this back to make the size adjustable if it is important.

On the data getting stuck, can you recall if the status text was updating at all (ie 'BadData' showing, but frame count and other info text changing) or if it was stuck completely with the same text showing all the time. If it was the latter then it may be an aspect of a larger bug that I am trying to track down where parts of the UI are getting stuck and not updating.

thanks,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

another question... were you using remote desktop (or some other remote access tool)?

cheers,

Robin
procyon12

Post by procyon12 »

Hi,

A short test with 9063 32 bit pro under W7-64:

@ Jean-Francois: no GPS issues.

@ Robin: Glad to see that the GPS status window is dark now - thanks. However, with a small laptop in the field the window should be scalable or at least it should be possible to move it behind the main window to see only a part of interest.

Cheers,

Christian
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello Robin,

Concerning the error ... all the data was actualized, only the time was not changing (... date from 1995).

For the windows size ... yes, please go back. The "lower" part of the data is not really interesting.

Yes, I use a remote desktop for commanding my EAGLE-2 mini computer.
The camera(s), the mount and focuser are connected to the EAGLE.
My laptop (outside) or my desktop (inside) can be connected to the EAGLE with an Ethernet cable.
I use the Microsoft Remote Desktop.

Regards,
Jean-Francois
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Jean-Francois,

I have re-enabled the resize of the window in the very latest SharpCap update. Please let me know if you continue having issues either with no GPS data or with the UI failing to update.

cheers,

Robin