Is this camera or software

SacredHeart

Is this camera or software

Post by SacredHeart »

Hello everyone, I have a QHY 533C camera, ran a sensor analysis on it twice, came up with some funny numbers. Just needing to know if it is camera or software?? Also, when using Sharpcap v4 once I set the camera up, exposure - gain - offset, and I say lengthen the exposure by say from 60 seconds to 90 seconds I have to wait 180 seconds before it downloads and I see an image. Think that is bad, when I go from 2 to 4 minutes, I'm waiting 8 minutes. Why??

Thanks Joe

Screenshot 2022-06-22  SENSOR ANALYSIS.jpg
Screenshot 2022-06-22 SENSOR ANALYSIS.jpg (196.05 KiB) Viewed 1721 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Is this camera or software

Post by admin »

Hi,

the big drop in read noise is the camera switching from LCG (low conversion gain) to HCG (high conversion gain) mode - that's expected on a fairly wide range of modern cameras (but not all, by any means).

The bit depth measurement of 15 is wrong - sometimes settings in the image controls section can affect this if they are not at their default, neutral values.

To avoid the delay, switch the camera into still mode, either by unselecting 'live view' in the taskbar, or by turning the 'Force still mode' control to 'On' if you want it to work like live view (taking pictures all the time). This should sort out the double delay problem.

cheers,

Robin
SacredHeart

Re: Is this camera or software

Post by SacredHeart »

Thank you, Robin. Joe