QHY 533C does not work in V4

SacredHeart

QHY 533C does not work in V4

Post by SacredHeart »

I have been using Sharpcap for a while, I live and die on it. However I just got my new camera, QHY 533C today. After plugging it up, fan on - usb connected, I went to Sharpcap / Cameras, it was listed, I clicked on it and kept getting error message number not sure of. It said camera was disconnected, try rescan and connect, unplug camera and connect. Did all of that and nothing. So reverted to my ZWO 178 and kept going. I brought the camera inside and tried connecting again on a different computer, no dice. So I then downloaded the beta version from QHY and Sharpcap V3.2, it worked. Long story short, I got it running on V3.2 at 9:30 last night.

What's up with Sharpcap V4?? What did I do wrong??? It was listed in V4 but could not connect.

Thanks in advance for your help, Joe
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY 533C does not work in V4

Post by admin »

Hi,

it looks like there is a new version of the QHY SDK from late April that supports the 533. I will put that into SharpCap for next week's update, which will hopefully resolve this issue.

cheers,

Robin
SacredHeart

Post by SacredHeart »

Robin, Thank you. I got the camera yesterday, clear skies at night, I plug the camera in, fire up sharpcap, my goto, see the camera listed and boom, error. Not something you want to see at 10 minutes from taking your first picture. I did get it going in the Beta version that had 533 support, V3.2.

Thanks for putting it in to V4. Joe
SacredHeart

Post by SacredHeart »

Dr Glover, A BIG THANK YOU. QHY 533C now works in V4 Joe Kuhl
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for letting me know that it is now working - clear skies!

cheers,

Robin