Newbie - bloom in stack (ASI294MC)

Somewhere to share your expertise in using SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbie - bloom in stack (ASI294MC)

Post by admin »

Hi,

that looks like a reasonable flat. One thing you can try without clear sky is to set up SharpCap to use your flat frame (and maybe a dark frame) while you still have flat illumination set up. The image should end up being of uniform brightness all across, which shows that your flat is doing what it should!

cheers,

Robin
degantx

Post by degantx »

Many thanks for guiding me to solve the vignetting problem (aka bloom in my words).

Lots of learning through this including learning about faint stars for stacking and building a cheapo LED panel/mount and applying flats.
Stack_182frames_1092s_WithDisplayStretch.jpg
Stack_182frames_1092s_WithDisplayStretch.jpg (998.9 KiB) Viewed 5306 times
I greatly appreciate the help and getting me moving again in my journey!
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Slowly but surely getting there. Sadly our hobby has a steep learning curve. Although personally that's part of the fun for me ;)
And cool that M82 capture of yours!

Menno
ChrisR Oz

Post by ChrisR Oz »

If you have saved your raw frames, then you can “reprocess” them via the Folder Camera and apply your new Flat (and Dark) as a test.
The Folder Camera allows you to direct frames in a folder to Live Stack as a “replay” of a session.
Cheers, Chris.
Celestron EdgeHD 8, reducer 0.7x, Star Sense, CGX-L mount, Focuser, CPWI; Starlight Xpress AO, OAG and Filter Wheel; ZWO 294MC/294MM Pro and 174MM mini; SharpCap Pro, PHD2, Powermate 2x, Baader Neodymium, Astronomik CLS-CCD, ZWO UV/IR, Duoband filters.
cloudymoon

Post by cloudymoon »

Hello, I had a similar problem and found because I was too close to lights I was suffering light leaks through the telescope. Your image suggests light from the mirror if you are using a reflector or in my case the central light was caused by light leakage through the focuser tube. Masking tape and draught excluder cut outs plus a black shower cap for my mirror has solved the leakage. I have yet to take an image to verify but I purposely placed my telescope indoors under a bright three lamp two feet above me and I am able to tale 600s Dark frames with only the glow from the 294c camera showing. The rest of the frame is flat and dark.