Atik Mono 16200 (KAF16200) sensor analysis - set shortest exposure

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
artofpix_astro

Atik Mono 16200 (KAF16200) sensor analysis - set shortest exposure

Post by artofpix_astro »

Hi!
I'm doing a sensor analysis with my Atik Mono 16200 (KAF16200) - according to the manufacturer, the shortest exposure time for this camera is 02s --> 200ms - during the sensor analysis, however, the exposure time goes down to 1ms - is that how it should be? Or can I set something in Sharpcap for this camera that does not fall below the shortest exposure time of 02s?

Sorry for my bad english, translated with google translator!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Atik Mono 16200 (KAF16200) sensor analysis - set shortest exposure

Post by admin »

Hi,

the only thing you can do is reduce the light level to the point that SharpCap doesn't try to use exposures below 200ms for the light frame part of the test. Unfortunately as far as I can tell there is no way to find out the minimum exposure duration (or the maximum one for that matter) from the Atik SDK, so SharpCap simply assumes 1ms and 3600s respectively.

SharpCap will try to set minimum exposure (1ms) for the capture of dark frames for measuring read noise. Hopefully the camera will interpret that as 'use the minimum of 0.2s' - if the results look sensible then I think you can assume it has worked that way.

cheers,

Robin