camera controls not labeled

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
kevin589

camera controls not labeled

Post by kevin589 »

I have installed the newest sharp cap 4.0.7888< I load it up select my camera sv305 or sv 105 and there's no labeling on the camera controls on the right side of the screen. like contrast, hue, white balance and more. every label is missing but the sliders are there and they work, but I don't know which one is which. I've tried it on two different computers uninstalled them downloaded different versions. the same has happen each time.
admin
Site Admin

Re: camera controls not labeled

Post by admin »

Hi,

firstly, 4.0.7888 is really old now - you should be using 4.0.8949, which is currently the latest update for 4.0. Hopefully that update will fix things for you (since it's a very weird problem that I have not seen before). It may also be worth checking that your graphics card drivers are up to date as old graphics card drivers can cause similar issues.

cheers,

Robin
kevin589

Post by kevin589 »

well I notice that when I'm in normal view or day light the labels are there, I have the newest version, 4.0.788 and 3.2 and it all does the same. When I go to night view the labeling disapears . now the labels are in black and the background is black so I assume the labels are there just can't see them. now the labeling everywhere else changes to orange so they stand out. But when I'm out at night it kind of wrecks the night vision. This happens the same on two different computers, one is running windows 10 and the other windows 8.1
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

in that case please definitely update to the latest and then enable the new dark mode UI (first page of the settings, tick 'Use new user interface with improved dark mode' and restart). This should resolve the issue I hope, since all of the way that the colours are done in dark mode has been re-implemented.

cheers,

Robin
kevin589

Post by kevin589 »

that worked , Thanks so much. Now I can get to work. I'm going to be purchasing the pro version now.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

glad that worked - the old dark mode was a bit of a bodge to be honest. As you might have noticed, the new one is much more complete (things like window title bars and scroll bars are dark now).

I also love it when the issue is already fixed :)

cheers,

Robin