QHY163 no image flip option using latest version

Cliff

QHY163 no image flip option using latest version

Post by Cliff »

I was doing some solar imaging using my asi174m but wanted full disk so plugged in my QHY163M and noticed there is no flip image option (horizontal/vertical/both) in settings but were for the 174m?

Am I missing something the 163c was the same as expected same sensor.
I find the image flip really handy

Cliff
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY163 no image flip option using latest version

Post by admin »

Hi Cliff,

the image flip functionality comes from the ZWO software that runs the camera - SharpCap just makes the choice of flip options available. Right now, SharpCap doesn't have a flip feature for cameras like QHY that don't have it as part of the camera software. It is an item I have in the planned list of future features, but no timeline on when it might happen I'm afraid.

cheers,

Robin
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Ok thanks Robin,

I thought that might be the case , firecapture does it with any camera I think .
Understand there are more interesting features that will take priority.

Keep up the good work still my favourite for EAA and Solar.

Cliff
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Well Robin,

I look forward to further developments QHY and others ,I took the plunge and took a lifetime sub; not so little with our lousy Australian $ exchange rate but a 20% discount for my years of subs helped a little.

Cheers
Cliff
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Cliff,

thanks for the confidence of taking out the lifetime sub...

I got really excited today - I downloaded a new QHY SDK and it had functionality to add flip operations to the image. I thought that would make this feature easy, so I wired them up to a new control in the control panel, tried it out and... they don't work :( It looks like the latest QHY SDK lets you ask for various flip options, but not actually get them... grrrr....

cheers,

Robin
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

I prefer a single one off payment system Robin ;the reason I cancelled Adobe, Evernote.

Also gives you the developer more encouragement I hope.

Strange the SDK has Flip but doesn't work , maybe only if you bring up the actual Ascom QHY control panel ? I remember seeing like two different preset exposure presets etc..

Cheers
Cliff
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Cliff,

I wonder if QHY have added the API calls for flip operations, but haven't actually implemented them yet in the SDK. Either that, or maybe it is something that will only work for certain cameras (maybe mono ones - I should try that!)

cheers,

Robin
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Hi Robin ,

Well I have both a 163m and 163C and they seem to work identically on Sharpcap with same options only mono is much more sensitive.

As to the SDK or API I’m no programmer 🙂 I have some understanding from my Linux dabbling .

Cheers
Cliff