My QHY cameras aren't showing up....

ramdom

My QHY cameras aren't showing up....

Post by ramdom »

I figured this out - needs the QHY5III series driver also - the first option in additional tasks for it to work - am I doing this right? Even though it went in the 3.2 directory, 4.0 also sees QHY294MPRO. So I think we're good - will have to try imaging another time.

Hi, I am coming back to imaging after 1.5 years. Everything was working fine when I last used it - with a QHY163M, Windows 10, SharpCap 3.2.

I upgraded to SharpCap 4+. I also installed the new QHY drivers, the Allinone driver. That's all I need to do get things working right? But it is not seeing my new QHY294M as well as my old QHY163M which was working last I used it but not anymore. What am I doing wrong? In the QHY driver install, I am selecting the SharpCap SDK but I am not selecting the application itself (which is given as an option below) since I already have it. I then don't select any other drivers for "additional tasks". I assume these are all CCD drivers. QHY Polemaster does work.

Also during install it asks me for the path and I first chose SharpCap 3.2 and then I chose SharpCap 4.0 but both 3.2 and 4.0 don't see the cameras.

I assume I don't need ASCOM - I've never needed it, so I didn't choose any of those options.

Thanks a lot - apologies if this is already answered anywhere but I spend a couple of hours tonight getting up to speed and this is now my current roadblock. I hope this is a simple fix due to missing some kind of a step during install.

--Ram
Last edited by ramdom on Sat May 14, 2022 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: My QHY cameras aren't show up....

Post by admin »

Hi,

sounds like you got it sorted by installing the QHY5III driver - seen a couple of other reports recently of QHY drivers going missing for no good reason, so it's a good plan to reinstall the latest if you are having issues.

cheers,

Robin
ramdom

Re: My QHY cameras aren't showing up....

Post by ramdom »

Yep, the surprising thing is why the QHY5III driver is needed at all, since it's the older driver as I recall (which is why I tried this option, since I had an old saved QHY5III in my downloads). The AllinOne I thought would do the job but I guess not.

And then in terms of SharpCap directory for the SDK, does it matter where it is installed, in 3.2 or 4.0? Or does it have to be in both? Thanks!

--Ram
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I don't recommend using the option of installing the SDK for SharpCap from the all-in-one. SharpCap already contains a version of the QHY SDK - if you have the latest SharpCap 4.0 then it should have the latest QHY SDK already installed. Installing a different version could break things.

cheers,

Robin
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

I have had the disappearing QHY problem recently with my QHYLII-M. The camera has worked perfectly in the past but suddenly the camera was not recognised and in Windows Device Manager the device showed up as no driver available. The significant change was a Windows 10 upgrade from 21H1 to 21H2. I applied the QHY AllInOne driver bundle, installing only QHYII drivers. I did not install the SharpCap SDKs which were offered as these were already present in the SharpCap installation.

This fixed the problem.

DAve