Additional software color channel gain control for ASI cameras

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Borodog

Additional software color channel gain control for ASI cameras

Post by Borodog »

A common problem I have when imaging the Moon (or Jupiter, for that matter) with my ASI cameras is that the image cannot be white balanced on the way in. I am not the only one. Although the exact details depend on the camera and the UV/IR cut filter being used, the effect is that not enough blue makes it through to balance the green, even with wblue maxed out, and there is no wgreen control for ASI cameras.

I would like to have an additional "blue boost" software gain, or alternately a "green cut", such that the blue and green channels can be white balanced (there never seems to be a problem with red). A blue boost could be an additional slider below wblue, while a green cut might be a slider between wred and wblue. For what it's worth, FireCapture implements an additional "wgreen" control that varies from -10 to +10 if I recall correctly, specifically for this problem.

Thanks for your consideration.
Borodog

Re: Additional software color channel gain control for ASI cameras

Post by Borodog »

Dr. Glover,

Any comment on this?

Thanks for your consideration.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

it's made it to my 'post-it note board of things to be done', which is a good thing. On the other hand, there are lots of other postit notes on the board :)

cheers,

Robin
Borodog

Post by Borodog »

Haha. Understood. Thanks for the update.