SharpCap will be at the Practical Astronomy Show, Kettering (UK), 19th March 2022

Official SharpCap and Forum announcements
admin
Site Admin

SharpCap will be at the Practical Astronomy Show, Kettering (UK), 19th March 2022

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

yep, Astro shows are back, and SharpCap (that's me...) will be at the Practical Astronomy Show in Kettering on Saturday 19th March. At 10:35 I will be giving a talk on Polar Alignment, and for the rest of the day I will be on the SharpCap stand in the exhibition area, giving demonstrations, discussing new features and answering questions. I'm really excited as it has been far too long since the last show...

https://practicalastroshow.com/

If you haven't heard of the Practical Astronomy Show before, it's a bit different - for one thing the talks are mostly on subjects that are aimed to help amateur astronomers get better results (rather than the sort of Space Science / Pictures from Hubble talks that you get at a lot of other shows). The other big difference is that PAS is free - there's no charge for entry, no charge for tickets for the talks and no charge for parking! Tickets for the talks are available on the day, and based on past experience there will probably be a queue for them when the doors open.

Hope to see a few of you there - do stop by at the SharpCap stand and say hello!

cheers,

Robin
Jean-Francois

Re: SharpCap will be at the Practical Astronomy Show, Kettering (UK), 19th March 2022

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello Robin,

Nice for you. (I will not travel to UK next week).

Do you will upload the presentation on the SharpCap forum after Practical Astronomy show ?
Or my be that all the presentations will be later on YouTube ?

Concerning the Polar Alignment ... do you present only the SharpCap polar alignment on the pole region ?
Or do you think to have the all sky polar alignment ? (as NINA)
Note that Norman wrote a script doing the same (with more images if wanted) some time before ... viewtopic.php?p=12061#p12061

Regards,
Jean-Francois
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap will be at the Practical Astronomy Show, Kettering (UK), 19th March 2022

Post by admin »

Hi Jean-Francois,

I hope that the talk will be filmed and put on Youtube - the talks were last time. I will be discussing a range of techniques (and their advantages/disadvantages), but will only demo the SharpCap way (for obvious reasons!)

cheers,

Robin